What is ADVANCE: Scaling Leaders?
Estimates suggest that up to 23% of startups and scaleups fail as they don’t have the right team, including a lack of experienced leadership.
As part of our ongoing commitment to removing barriers to the successful growth of UK tech companies, we have developed ADVANCE: Scaling Leaders, our world-class leadership training course, designed to inspire leadership teams to do great things.
Led by experienced scaling leaders, this leadership course helps first-time leaders get the best from their teams whilst avoiding many of the common pitfalls.
Over 10 weeks, you’ll explore common team-related growth issues, through your own real-life examples, in a supportive, high-trust environment.
Start date: 24 September 2021
Duration: 10 weeks
Cost: £2,500 + VAT (multi-person discount available)
What does it involve?
Delivered live online in short sessions over 10 weeks, we will cover 5 key areas.
- [01/10/21] Leading change when change is constant
- [15/10/21] Hiring well at speed
- [29/10/21] Shaping your leadership style through self-awareness
- [12/11/21] Scaling a high-performance culture
- [26/11/21] Team dynamics – the need for diversity
Who is it for?
This series is aimed at any senior leaders facing leadership challenges which they haven’t faced before. These are the people whose success or failure in building brilliant teams is critical to unlocking the potential growth in your business.
Often they’ll have grown with the business, or come from larger corporates, meaning that they may lack the experience of leading change at the speed that they are about to experience in a rapidly scaling company.
How will you benefit?
In-depth exploration of the most pressing issues you are going to face
Teaching and discussion with leaders with scaling experience
Time to focus on your own experience gaps in each area
Peer support and scale-coach help with your own live growth issues
Personal action plan to guide you as you scale
Full access to Tech Nation Alumni Network on completion
How much does ADVANCE: Scaling Leaders cost?
Our aim is to help scaleups develop leadership teams at pace because that will unlock growth faster.
1 seat : £2,500 + VAT
2 seats : £3,500 + VAT
Discounts are available for multiple people, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Due to demand, a £500 deposit is needed to confirm your place, with full payment needing to be made before the Onboarding session.
Don’t just take our word for it…
“Working in a fast-paced scaleup, you don’t often get to take dedicated time out to hear other perspectives and challenges. ADVANCE: Scaling Leaders is a perfect balance of sessions for big picture inspiration from leaders who have been there before, as well as individual work and reflection. I find it a great way to broaden my thinking and focus on my own growth.”Sinead Daly, Director of Culture and Experience, Beamery
You’ll hear from some of the most influential figures in UK tech, who wear their expertise as a badge of honour. They’ve all run or operated some of the UK’s fastest growing tech companies, with experience across a range of business functions. More to be confirmed soon…
In Partnership with OverTime Leader
Having worked with the world’s leading tech companies including WeTransfer, Spotify, and TaskRabbit, OverTime Leader ensures that participants receive practical tools, guided self-reflection, and peer-to-peer learning to shape their leadership style for the challenges ahead.
What our previous cohort thought of ADVANCE: Scaling Leaders
Director of Software Engineering, Wazoku
The practical aspect of the training has been amazing, giving you strategies to use on specific challenges you face in your role. All of the learnings I’ve taken back to my team, where we’ve had opportunity to discuss it further.
Head of Success, Lightyear
Joining ADVANCE: Scaling Leaders gave me the opportunity to learn about the things that I’m going to face in a growing company before they actually occur. It gives me a great chance to get myself set up for success in the future.
Dr Selina Parmar
Head of People, Sideways 6
A lot of the things we’re covering are really timely, and there’s a lot of sticky problems in my role that I’m trying to find solutions to at the moment. ADVANCE: Scaling Leaders has helped me address these issues.
2 hours of practical work per week:
- Fortnightly speaker-led topic sessions and discussions across 10 weeks
- Fortnightly coaching sessions with an experienced scale-coach
- Your questions sought in advance of each sessions to ensure maximum relevance
- Online space to build your action plan and discuss with peers
- Our Advance learning modules will guide you through each week of the course.
- Access to all the live sessions via the learning modules
- Connect with your sub-group for coaching sessions, and for peer-to-peer activities and networking.
- You and your cohort will shape the content of this course around your live learning needs by submitting questions in advance of each speaker session
- As with traditional Tech Nation programmes, your cohort will be active via discussion forums and ongoing Q&As
- Once complete you will gain access to our wider alumni network
- The course is led by Overtime Leader, experienced scale coaches who we work with often and who we rate highly
- They will be your go-to contact for all course-related questions, as well as having oversight of your Action Plan.
- We’ll be in touch each week (via email, webinars, the Advance learning site) introducing the weekly topic, inviting questions and outlining how to get the most out of each session.
- All our topic speakers are leaders in UK tech with proven scale-up experience and a desire to help the next generation of UK Tech leaders follow their success
Apply to be part of ADVANCE: Scaling Leaders today, by completing the simple application form: