What is ADVANCE: Scaling Leaders?
Scaling a team is complex, and most functional heads in scaleups are doing it for the first time.
That means we have similar experience gaps, similar stresses and can make similar mistakes.
Led by experienced scaling leaders, and requested by founders and Tech Nation alumni, this scaling leadership course helps first-time scaling leaders get the best from their teams whilst avoiding the pitfalls.
Over 12 weeks, 30 leaders explore common team-related growth issues, through their own real-life examples, in a supportive, high-trust environment.
Start date: 7 May 2021
Duration: 12 weeks (approx. 2.5 hours per week)
What does it involve?
Delivered live online in short sessions over 12 weeks, we will cover 7 key areas.
- Designing successful teams
- Setting the right team culture
- Driving productivity and motivation
- Hiring well at speed
- Line managing your managers
- Communicating well with other leaders
- Difficult conversations & tough choices
How will you benefit?
In-depth exploration of the most pressing issues you are going to face
Teaching and discussion with leaders with scaling experience
Time to focus on your own experience gaps in each area
Peer support and scale-coach help with your own live growth issues
Personal action plan to guide you as you scale
Full access to Tech Nation Alumni Network on completion
2 hours of practical work power week:
- Fortnightly speaker-led topic sessions and discussions across 12 weeks
- Sub-group strategy and coaching sessions with an experienced scale-coach
- Your questions sought in advance of each sessions to ensure maximum relevance
- Online space to build your action plan and discuss with peers
- Our Advance learning site will guide you through each week of the programme.
- It’s your access to all the live sessions
- It’s where you connect with your sub-group for the strategy and coaching sessions, and for peer-to-peer activities and networking.
- You can shape the content of this programme around your live learning needs by submitting questions in advance of each topic session
- As with all TN programmes your cohort will be active in this via discussion forums and ongoing Q&As
- At the end of the programme you will gain access to our wider alumni network
- The programme is led by an experienced scale-coach who has scaled many teams
- They will be your go-to contact for all programme related questions, as well as having an oversight of your Action Plan.
- They will be in touch each week (via email, webinars, the Advance learning site) introducing the weekly topic, inviting questions and outlining how to get the most out of each session.
- All topic speakers are leaders in UK tech with proven scale-up experience
Who is this for?
This series is aimed at any senior leaders facing leadership challenges which they haven’t faced before. These are the people whose success or failure in building brilliant teams is critical to unlocking the potential growth in your business.
Often they will have grown with you, or come from larger corporates, which means that they usually lack the type of leadership skills and experience they’ll need for this vital next leap.
Join other scaling leaders for:
- Live interactive sessions with active participation not passive listening
- Help in solving your own problems in real time
- Coaching from real experts and exceptional leaders from our alumni companies.
- Practical, short sessions.
- Plenty of networking with others in similar roles
- Badge and certificate on completion
How much does ADVANCE: Scaling Leaders cost?
Our aim is to help scaleups develop leadership teams at pace because that will unlock growth faster.
The fee per head for this series is: £2,500 per person + VAT
Discounts are available for multiple people, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You will need to pay for this series in advance. Once your payment is received, your application will be checked and your place will be allocated. 2 weeks before the programme starts you will receive joining instructions.