Less than 1% of startups get to VC funding and the road to seed funding is even fiercer. According to Crunchbase, Seed investors are reporting putting in more money into fewer deals. In parallel, Seed investors are investing more follow on money into the deals already invested in, the net effect being fewer smaller earlier stage rounds.
As part of our ongoing commitment to help the early startup scene blossom, we have developed 'Get Ready To Raise Seed', our world-class seed fundraising training course, designed to stack the odds of successfully raising seed funding back onto the side of the entrepreneur.
Led by experts who have successfully raised seed and series funding, this hybrid in-person and online fundraising course helps entrepreneurs raising capital for the first time, increasing the chances of success whilst avoiding many of the common pitfalls.
Over the course of 6 weeks, through a range of different sessions, you’ll learn the basics of fundraising, how to prepare, and how to find and connect with the right investors, all in a supportive, high-trust environment.
All of this in a condensed 6 week period rather than the 12+ weeks it usually takes founding teams to prepare for their initial fundraising round.
Our workshops will prepare you for a successful seed round both technically - through crafting your story, getting your numbers in order, preparing your pitch and learning how to target the right investors, and mentally - by helping you understand the journey you are about to take on.
On completion of this course, you will:
- Have created an executable fundraising strategy and blueprint
- Completed all the preparation work
- Be ready to start your fundraising campaign
Start date: February 2022
Duration: 6 weeks
Cost: £4500 + VAT
(multi-person discount available)
Who the course is for
This programme is aimed at CEOs, founders and leadership teams who are looking to raise seed funding for the first or second time. These are the people whose success or failure in fundraising is critical to securing the future growth of the business.
Often, with both the day-to-day running of the business as well as fundraising, they will have found it difficult to find the time to get the foundations of their fundraising campaign in place and generate the momentum to execute at pace to be able to stack the odds of success in their favour.
What does it involve?
Delivered in person and live online over 6 weeks, we will cover 5 key areas:
- Learning the fundamentals of seed funding
- Creating your investment assets
- Producing a financial forecast and knowing your numbers with confidence
- Designing a campaign strategy and identifying potential investors
- Making a perfect pitch. Pitch demo day. Wrap up.
Depending on the preparation work already completed pre/during the course, there will be around 4 days of follow up work to complete in-between each session supported by coaching to ensure you don’t get stuck.
- Weekly speaker-led workshop topic sessions and discussions across 6 weeks
- The first and last week sessions will be in person will also be an online option
- Weekly coaching sessions with an experienced fundraising-coach
- Your questions sought in advance of each session to ensure maximum relevance
- Online space to build your action plan and discuss with peers
- Our Advance learning modules will guide you through each week of the course
- Access to all the live sessions via the learning modules
- Connect with your sub-group for coaching sessions, peer-to-peer activities and networking
- You and your cohort will shape the content of this course around your in-person and live learning needs by submitting questions in advance of each speaker session
- As with traditional Tech Nation programmes, your cohort will be active via discussion forums and ongoing Q&As
- Once complete you will gain access to our wider alumni network
- The course is led by Scaling Partners, fundraising experts who we work with often and who we rate highly
- They will be your go-to contact for all course-related questions, as well as having oversight of your Action Plan.
- We’ll be in touch each week (via email, webinars, the Advance learning site) introducing the weekly topic, inviting questions and outlining how to get the most out of each session.
- All our topic speakers are leaders in UK tech with proven scale-up experience and a desire to help the next generation of UK Tech leaders follow their success
End-to-end learning on all aspects of seed funding
Personalised action plan to help your business raise seed funding
Full access to Tech Nation's alumni network on completion
Teaching and discussion from leaders with fundraising experience
Time to focus on your own areas of fundraising preparation.
Peer support and fundraising coach to help with your live fundraising issues
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay?
You can apply below and a member of our team will contact you with payment details.
When is the deadline for signing up?
Where are the courses held?
Get Ready To Raise Seed is run exclusively online.
Do I have to prepare anything in advance of the course?
Yes, you will be asked to complete a short survey before joining the course so we can tailor the course to your needs.
Will I receive a certificate after the course?
Yes, you will receive an online certificate of attendance after completing the course.
After signing up, when will I receive course information?
As soon as you sign up to the course you will receive the course calendar and a list of key events so you can plan ahead. Course materials will be shared one week before the course start date.
What equipment do I need?
Computer/ laptop/ mobile device and good internet connection.
Having worked with many startups who have successfully raised funding, the key is being armed with the information, understanding and assets you need to engage potential investors in the first place, avoid being blindsided by the unexpected.
For first-timers and seasoned investment seekers, we’ll help you discover the most effective fundraising strategies, and put them to work.