The Fintech Pledge sets globally leading standards for the establishment of partnerships between the UK’s largest banks and fintech firms.
It is a world first and is initially being signed by the UK’s 5 largest banks, Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, NatWest Group and Santander.
The Fintech Pledge is an initiative from the Fintech Delivery Panel, delivered by its onboarding working group.
The 5 principles of the pledge:
- Provide clear guidance to technology firms on how the onboarding process works through a dedicated online landing page
- Provide clarity to tech start-up firms on their progress through the onboarding process
- Provide a named contact, guidance and feedback
- Encourage good practice and improvement
- Commit to implementing this process 6 months from signing this pledge and providing bi-annual feedback in the first year
*More details about each point are available by downloading the full pledge document
Download the Fintech Pledge >
Why we’ve introduced the pledge
As a world first, it will strengthen the UK’s financial ecosystem position by ensuring that partnerships between technology firms and banks are conducted with renewed vigour by building upon industry leading transparency and communication.
The Fintech Pledge is part of a wider fintech strategy across the UK, supported by the UK Government and Tech Nation, to ensure that the UK is the best possible place to start and scale a financial services technology firm.
How the pledge functions:
- This is a voluntary pledge
- The signatory banks commit to adhering to the principles defined in the pledge for as long as they are signatories
- Signatories to the pledge will be listed on Tech Nation’s website and will display the pledge’s logo in prominent place of their choosing on their website
- The signatories list is updated quarterly by Tech Nation in conjunction with the Treasury’s Fintech team
- Pledge signatories will be required to provide a senior sponsor from within the institution and a named person responsible for updating the Fintech Delivery Panel’s onboarding working group on progress
- More details are available from Tech Nation’s Fintech Delivery Panel team.
Mark Ashton Rigby
Group COO, Barclays
COO, HSBC UK
Chief Technology Officer, Lloyds Banking Group
Director of Innovation – NatWest Group
Director of Innovation, Santander UK
How to become a signatory
If you’re interested in becoming a signatory of the Fintech Pledge then please provide your details and the Fintech Delivery Panel team will contact you to discuss.