With the appointment of Richard Gregory as the new Director of Tech North, I’m very happy to return to my previous role as Chair of the Tech North Advisory Board. I will continue working closely with Richard, Gerard and the Tech North and Tech City UK teams as appropriate.
While it’s certainly been a challenging period, I am left feeling hugely grateful to a wide range of people who supported Tech North and myself at key points over recent months. As such I’d like to thank the following:
- the Tech North Advisory Board – Hugh Campbell, Lee Perkins, Mike Bracken and David Richards
- the Tech North team
- Gerard Grech and MB Christie, CEO & COO of Tech City UK and the wider Tech City UK team
- Eileen Burbidge, Chair of Tech City UK and the Tech City UK Board
- Andrea Young & Maeve Walsh of DCMS and the DCMS Digital Economy Unit team
- Sir Howard Bernstein, Tom Riordan & John Mothersole – CEOs respectively of Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield City Councils
- Cluster reps and leaders from across the 7 Northern cities
A shout-out to Nicky Wake of Don’t Panic who stepped up to deliver our Leeds Talent & Skills Summit in March. And also to Martin Bryant for being willing to leave The Next Web and believe in the promise of Tech North during this tumultuous period.
And a special shout-out to the entrepreneurs, leaders and members of the wider Northern tech community. Countless numbers of you have got in touch at events, via email, tweets, texts and messages to let me know that you supported Tech North and felt it was vital that Tech North succeed. Your generous words of support and advice have been hugely important to me and the organisation during this transitional period. Thank you!
Should you wish to get in touch, you can reach me on Twitter as @herbkim, via LinkedIn or at email@example.com.
Onwards and upwards, Tech Northerners.