- Anne Boden, CEO, Starling Bank
- Philip Brown, Head of Policy, LV=
- Eileen Burbidge, Partner, Passion Capital (Chair of the Panel)
- Claire Calmejane, Director of Innovation & Digital Centre of Excellence, Lloyds
- James Chappell, CTO, Digital Shadows
- Martin Cook, General Counsel, FundingCircle
- Ashley Groom, External Affairs, GoCardless
- Michael Harte, Group Head of Innovation, Barclays
- Taavet Hinrikus, CEO and Co-Founder, TransferWise
- Matt James, Head of UK Scouting, RBS Innovation and Solutions
- Eamon Jubbawy, COO, Onfido (Deputy Chair of the Panel)
- Jeff Lynn, CEO, Seedrs
- Ed Molyneux, CEO, FreeAgent
- Alice Newton-Rex, Head of Product, WorldRemit
- Chris Pond, Vice Chair, Financial Inclusion Commission
- Paul Rippon, Co-Founder and Deputy CEO, Monzo
- Lawrence Wintermeyer, CEO, Innovate Finance
- James Varga, CEO, The ID Company
- Sigga Sigurdardottir, Chief Customer and Innovation Officer, Santander UK
- Peter Smith, CEO, Blockchain
- Anil Stocker, CEO, MarketInvoice
- Serge Taborin, Global Innovation Director, Aviva
- Will Thorne, Innovation Lead, The Channel Syndicate
- Andrew Weir, Chief Scientist, HSBC
Anil Stocker, CEO at MarketInvoice commented:
“I’m excited to be involved in the FinTech Delivery Panel and working closely with Tech City UK. Having launched MarketInvoice back in 2011 before fintech was even a term, I’ve been struck with how far the sector has developed and the huge range of companies that are solving specific problems across the financial spectrum.
As with any sector that’s maturing, there are a whole range of policy decisions and initiatives that could be crucial for fintech to develop and thrive alongside more traditional incumbents. There are also countless ways the fintech community could collaborate and learn from each other in terms of product development, striking partnerships, sourcing talent, and dealing with regulatory challenges within financial services.
This panel, a key component of Tech City UK’s FinTech programme, will play a key role in nurturing fintech companies to scale up and become global leaders in their field. The UK has always been at the forefront of financial services, and it rightly deserves to lead the world in fintech. This is a huge opportunity for the UK economy, and I’m looking forward to building on the huge progress made in the last 5 years.”
Want to have your voice heard? Send us your ideas
One of the key elements of the panel is that it should be led by, and for, the entire FinTech community. The intention is for the core panel members to establish key collaborative, industry initiatives and to drive forward their delivery. A wider community of members will support the panel’s work by proposing ideas and by participating in work-streams to deliver the initiatives.
If you wish to become a member of this FinTech community and contribute your ideas and thoughts to the main panel then please get in touch here. The Panel will only be successful with the active support, participation and collaboration of the FinTech community whom it serves – we welcome your views and input and are also seeking views on the concept of setting up a professional services platform.
If you have any queries or require any more information please email:email@example.com.