Tech Nation is powering GBxAsia, an exciting new network of British entrepreneurs, investors and senior tech executives with UK links living in Asia Pacific.
GBxAsia has three main aims:
- To create a community of British entrepreneurs and others involved in the tech scene in Asia for mutual help and support
- To provide a network for new British tech entrepreneurs wishing to establish themselves in the region to plug in to for insights and advice
- To provide a forum for discussion of emerging issues in the tech space to inform British Government policy thinking
Gerard Grech, founding CEO of Tech Nation, was in Singapore for the launch this week and said, “Tech Nation’s mission is to enable the most innovative high growth companies from every part of the UK to scale – both domestically and globally. So we are delighted to now be powering GBxAsia – a brand new network for British scaleups in Singapore. We have already engaged with over 300 UK scaleups on their growth plans into the APAC region, with scaleups such as OLIO and SeedLegals having landed in Singapore.
“Tech Nation knows the power of communities like this – having already seen the success of a national network connecting game-changing founders, leaders and scaling companies across the UK. GBxAsia will now give UK tech scaleups the support they need to scale internationally. As the first network connecting British tech founders across the world’s greatest tech hubs – the UK, the US West Coast and Singapore – this community will truly support UK tech to go global.”
This initiative is supported by the UK government’s Digital Trade Network in Asia Pacific.
Natalie Black, Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner for Asia Pacific, and co-chair of GBxAsia said, “I’m excited to launch GBxAsia, which will bring together entrepreneurs, investors and influencers with a connection to the UK to make the most of the opportunities in Asia Pacific. The region is a hotbed of innovation, with Southeast Asia’s digital economy alone projected to reach $1 trillion by 2030. I look forward to seeing GBxAsia grow, helping to increase connectivity between the UK’s and Asia Pacific’s thriving digital economies.”
GBxAsia is part of the wider GBx network globally, and the first community to connect British tech founders and investors across the world’s leading tech hubs – the UK, the US, and Asia.
“We are thrilled to be able to partner with Tech Nation to expand the GBx Global community to Asia,” added Amber Atherton, executive director of GBx in the US. “Strengthening relationships between British Entrepreneurs internationally has never been more important, we are excited to be able to build upon our work in Silicon Valley connecting founders to a private professional and social network.”
GBxAsia co-chairs are Steve Melhuish, co-founder of PropertyGuru and Natalie Black, Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner for Asia Pacific. Other members of the board include:
- Nicki Ramsay, Founder, CardUp
- Michael Blakey, Managing Partner, Cocoon Capital
- Rajeev Natarajan, Managing Director APAC, ICONIQ Capital
- Venkatesh Saha, CEO of Asia Pacific, Wise
- Stephen Hunt, Founder, Aglia
- Kay Vasey, Founder, MeshMinds
- Pooja Gurbani, Managing Principal, Family Office
- Sam Evans, Director of International, Tech Nation
- Christopher Bush, Digital Trade Network Director, UK government
As well as connecting with others in the APAC tech scene with UK links, benefits of GBxAsia membership include invitations to an exclusive programme of events in Asia Pacific and UK government initiatives and regular insights and advice on the Asia tech ecosystem.
If you would like to become a member of the GBxAsia community, you can register your interest on our website here and our dedicated Community Manager will get back to you.