Talent supply is the number one growth challenge for more than 50 percent of businesses in the UK, according to the Tech Nation report 2017. To coincide with our Digital Jobs Action Summit today, we’re proud to announce the launch of UpSkill. This new programme will help address the Northern tech sector’s skills gap.
Traditional routes to recruiting talent do not supply enough people fast enough. Yet alternative digital training providers are neglected as a viable hiring resource by employers.
UpSkill brings together the North’s leading digital skills training providers to help them do more to meet the UK’s need for a digitally skilled workforce.
- Get more local people trained for existing digital jobs.
- Help fill more vacant digital jobs in post-Brexit Britain.
- See local companies across all sectors grow their business.
What is UpSkill?
UpSkill is a programme aimed at digital skills training providers. It will help them:
- Explore new and hard-to-reach revenue streams.
- Scale training delivery using tested business models.
- Align skills provision with industry need.
After three days of seminars, coaching and workshops, the programme will culminate with a pitch event to private and public sector customers.
Who can take part?
If you’re a digital skills training provider in the North of England, you can apply to take part until 26 May 2017.
The programme itself will take place at The Landing at MediaCity UK over three days in June and July.
If UpSkill sounds like it’s for you, apply now.