As well as the Baltic Triangle being rated the coolest place to live in the UK by The Times, there is a blossoming startup scene. There’s an average birth of 194 startups a year since 2011 and Liverpool is also 9th in the country for jobs growth, at 31%. If you want to find out more about Liverpool businesses, you can check our Liverpool Digital Business Directory.
The report also highlights two local startups; vTime – a VR social network, and LivingLens, who are one of our Northern Stars winners. Another Scouse Northern Star is SwapBots – a swappable augmented reality toy, who are currently raising money on Kickstarter.
- Number of Digital Jobs: 23,407
- Digital GVA: £359 million
- Startup Births: 194
- Average Digital Salary: 45,011
- Digital Density: 0.2
- Tech Sector Growth Potential: 79%
What local startups like about Liverpool
- 83% like the overall quality of life
- 79% like the tech sector growth potential
- 70% like the cost of living
What local startups say is a challenge
- 57% mentioned a lack of highly skilled workers
- 50% noted limited opportunities to access finance
- 36% highlighted a poor digital infrastructure