2 min read
Tech North at SxSW Conference with our Northern Stars
This week we’re heading to the SxSW Conference with the winners of our Northern Stars tech startup competition for a week of meetings and events where we’ll be putting Northern digital businesses on the international map.
Stay tuned here on the blog for updates, as well as following us on our social channels, as we’ll be posting heaps of videos so you can experience it with us, and find out what international investors think about northern tech as an opportunity.
We’ll be hosting events including a Great Northern Breakfast at the UK House where we’ll be demonstrating the strength of the northern tech sector to investors from around the world, complete with demos from our 10 Northern Stars competition winners and a presentation from the BBC’s Connected Studio on their approach to innovation. If you’re at SxSW order your ticket to the Great Northern Breakfast here.
Until then, here’s a reminder of the 10 winning Northern Star companies joining us at the conference.
Northern Stars winners:
- Airstoc: Founders Andre Ferreira, Giles Moore and Manu Matute
- EvaluAgent: Director Jonny Branshaw
- Formisimo: Founders Tom New and Al Mackin
- Geek Talent: Founder Dominic Murphy
- Gnatta: CEO Jack Barmby
- IN-PART: Founder Patrick Speedie and Dr. Robin Knight
- Leaf.fm: CEO Gilbert Corrales
- M14 Industries, Bristlr: Founder John Kershaw
- Peak: Director Richard Potter
- Receptive: Founders Hannah Chaplin and Dan Dukeson