Sign up here
The Tech Nation Visa Alumni Network is for holders of the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa. It is run directly by the visa alumni members in partnership with Tech Nation.
Tech Nation Visa Alumni chose the UK for many reasons, including the diversity of the local tech scene, the quality of universities, startup accelerators, and the ease of starting and scaling a business. Alumni have created a growing community within the tech ecosystem of individuals recognised as contributing world-class innovation in digital technology.
Our Visa Ambassadors
The Tech Nation Visa Ambassadors are a select group of Alumni who act as a ‘link’ between Tech Nation, the Alumni Network and the wider tech community. As key representatives of the visa, they provide insight from their experience as former applicants and the process of applying for the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa.
The new Visa Alumni Forum
Our Tech Nation Visa Alumni have created a forum for current applicants and people who are considering applying for a Visa. Here you can ask any questions you may have about the Tech Nation Visa, to the people who have been through the process.
**Please note, this forum is for the Tech Nation Visa only, the alumni cannot answer questions regarding other visa routes.***
Questions about the following?
- The Tech Nation Visa application process
- Life in the UK
- How to make your application stand out
- Eligibility and criteria for the Tech Nation Visa
Tech Nation Visa partners support our applicants and alumni:
The below legal firms sponsor our visa scheme. If you would like a referral to one of these firms please contact us and clearly state which firm you wish to contact. If you do not state a preference, we will automatically allocate your enquiry to one of the firms based on current demand. Tech Nation is unable to advise which legal firm you should consult. To be referred, click on the “Help” button in the right corner.
- Kemp Little is recognised as the go-to technology and digital-focused law firm in the UK, acting across the technology and digital spectrum for some of the market-leading, most innovative and fastest growing businesses in the UK – and the people that drive them forward.
- The firm has a dedicated technology-focused immigration practice, with an extremely successful record acting for applicants who are and will become the movers and shakers in the technology sector.
- The immigration team offers complimentary consultations, followed by the reassurance of fixed fees, working closely and in partnership with clients to provide an excellent and cost-effective service.
- Lewis Silkin is an expert but friendly and pragmatic immigration practice, highly ranked in the legal directories. In particular, Naomi Hanrahan-Soar is “experienced in advising high-net-worth individuals, as well as corporate clients, particularly in the science, technology and engineering sectors.”
- The firm is a full-service law firm with high-level awards across multiple practice areas. They have extensive expertise in supporting rapid growth tech companies from startup to unicorn in all aspects of the legal journey.
- They have various service offerings in order to find the right solution for your business. Speak with them for a free initial consultation in order to create the right solutions for you.
- Kingsley Napley’s top ranked immigration team has been at the forefront of UK immigration law for over 20 years. Recognised as experts in their field, they consult with the Home Office and actively lobby for their clients’ interests. They regularly advise technology businesses and individuals on all aspects of UK immigration.
- As a full service firm, Kingsley Napley can advise on key corporate legal issues faced by fast-growing tech businesses, including investment rounds, data protection, intellectual property rights, employment issues, and exits.
- We can discuss the best immigration solution for you and offer fixed fees to assist with financial planning.
More info on our Visa Applicants
Are you thinking about making the move and applying for a Tech Nation Visa? In addition to the support from our Alumni, here is an overview of our Visa applicants to see where they are from, where they work, their skill sets and which sectors they are applying to work in.
Where are they from?
** South Africa, South Korea, Pakistan and Ukraine are also amongst the top 10 countries where we receive applications from.
What skills and education do they have?
Which sectors do they work in?
- The most popular sector for Visa applicants is by far Apps and Software development. Over 200 of our applicants come from this background.
- The emerging and fast-growing sector of AI and Machine learning is right behind, employing around 150 applicants.
- Enterprise Software & Cloud computing is the third-largest sector with around 130 applicants
- Roughly 110 of applicants work in Fintech, a sector which has a strong track record in the UK.
- Next in line is Data Analytics, Hardware & Devices and Digital Advertising & Marketing.
- We also see more applicants with a background in Cyber Security.
In the know…
In this video series, discover how the Visa application works, why people chose the UK and much more.