The Tech Nation Visa Alumni Network is for holders of the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa. It is run directly by the visa alumni members in partnership with Tech Nation.
Tech Nation Visa Alumni chose the UK for many reasons, including the diversity of the local tech scene, the quality of universities, startup accelerators, and the ease of starting and scaling a business. Alumni have created a growing community within the tech ecosystem of individuals recognised as contributing world-class innovation in digital technology.
Why did you choose the UK?
The new Visa Alumni Forum
Our Tech Nation Visa Alumni have created a forum for current applicants and people who are considering applying for a Visa. Here you can ask any questions you may have about the Tech Nation Visa, to the people who have been through the process.
**Please note, this forum is for the Tech Nation Visa only, the alumni cannot answer questions regarding other visa routes.***
Questions about the following?
- The Tech Nation Visa application process
- Life in the UK
- How to make your application stand out
- Eligibility and criteria for the Tech Nation Visa
More info on our Visa Applicants
Are you thinking about making the move and applying for a Tech Nation Visa? In addition to the support from our Alumni, here is an overview of our Visa applicants to see where they are from, where they work, their skill sets and which sectors they are applying to work in.
Where are they from?
** South Africa, South Korea, Pakistan and Ukraine are also amongst the top 10 countries where we receive applications from.
What skills and education do they have?
Which sectors do they work in?
- The most popular sector for Visa applicants is by far Apps and Software development. Over 200 of our applicants come from this background.
- The emerging and fast-growing sector of AI and Machine learning is right behind, employing around 150 applicants.
- Enterprise Software & Cloud computing is the third largest sector with around 130 applicants
- Roughly 110 of applicants work in Fintech, a sector which has a strong track record in the UK.
- Next in line is Data Analytics, Hardware & Devices and Digital Advertising & Marketing.
- We also see more applicants with a background in Cyber Security.
Our Visa Ambassadors
The Tech Nation Visa Ambassadors are a select group of Alumni who act as a ‘link’ between Tech Nation, the Alumni Network and the wider tech community. As key representatives of the visa, they provide insight from their experience as former applicants and the process of applying for the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa.
In the know…
In this video series, discover how the Visa application works, why people chose the UK and much more.