Update on the invasion of Ukraine
Last updated: 27th September 2022
In the wake of the unprecedented attacks on Ukraine, Tech Nation’s Visa team is is supporting efforts in the following ways:
- We are prioritising endorsement applications from ANY nationality currently in Ukraine who is able/wishes to leave, as well as Ukrainians that have already fled and are in neighbouring countries.
- We are secondarily prioritising the applications of Russian and Belarusian employees, working for UK tech companies who cannot be paid due to SWIFT sanctions.
- Nonprofit ‘Techfugees’, which is coordinating a response to the invasion by the tech sector has created remoteukraine.org, which connects Ukrainian refugees to a digital hub of global job opportunities. Our Global Talent Visa alumni have added their contact information directly to the site to fast-track support for those affected.
The Global Talent Visa has a two stage application process:
- Stage 1: Application for endorsement by Tech Nation (£456), which is being prioritised by Tech Nation – this can take 5 to 8 weeks
- Stage 2: Application for the Visa itself via the UK Government (£167) – this can take up to 3 weeks
Please note that whilst Tech Nation is responding urgently to Stage 1 Endorsement Application, we have no influence over the Home Office process or Stage 2 Visa Application, as such we recommend that all applicants still consider the official timeframes for the Global Talent route.
Our Visa alumni ambassadors are on hand to support you with your application queries and to help you understand what is required. Please note as of March 15th, there have been no concessions to the Global Talent Visa criteria, so please refer to the following resources:
- Our Visa Guide, which clearly identifies our criteria
- Our Eligibility Checker, which will let you know if you’re likely to be endorsed before you spend any time on your application’