More than just a move
Every year, thousands of people from around the world are moving to the UK to work in our leading tech sector. Building careers, companies and lives whilst having a huge positive impact on the world around them.
Having supported over 2500 tech leaders to come to the UK, we understand this can be a daunting process. That’s why we’ve created Thrive. Supporting you through your first few months in UK tech, to ensure your adoptive home truly feels like home.
It can be hard to progress your career when moving to a country, knowing what and who you need to know. Thrive will help you to:
- Quickly build your professional network here
- Make the right tax, legal or business decisions for work in the UK
Finding a great community of friends and support can make all the difference to your experience in the UK. Thrive will help you to:
- Connect with peers going through the same journey to the UK as you in the cohort
- Access support and resources to know the cultural norms here and how to connect with local communities with shared interests
Realising your ambition
Whether you’re building a career, business or both here in the UK. Thrive will help you to:
- Quickly understand the job market in UK tech and how to hire and be hired
- Learn from a diverse range of tech founders in the UK who have moved to the UK and set up their own business here
Built to support you
During the course of your time with us, you’ll hear real life stories from speakers and leaders that have moved and found success in the UK before you. You’ll also learn practical tools and tips to support your transition into UK life. Alongside these opportunities is the chance to network with valuable members of the tech ecosystem. You’ll be well on your way to creating a lasting impression in the UK’s digital economy.
Founder and CEO of vHelp
COO and Co-founder of MYWARDROBE HQ & MY VENTURES
Co-founder & COO, Otta.com
Connector, Co-founder & Presenter
We’re running webinars to help you determine whether our new programme is right for you
This will be an opportunity to hear a detailed overview of the programme and its structure, as well as the chance to ask any questions you may have. We want to help you make an informed, insightful decision. Learn more here to assess which date and time works best for you to attend.
Who is Thrive for?
Thrive is for global tech talent moving to the UK to work in our tech sector and who want to accelerate their introduction into the ecosystem. After reading the criteria below, if you still have questions – check out the answers to our FAQs here.
- Are moving to or planning to move to the UK between November 2021 and March 2022
- Will be working within the UK’s digital economy
- Can commit to up to 2 hours contact time a week between January and March 2022
- Have already been approved for a UK Visa (strongly recommended)
- Have the ambition to connect with and integrate within the UK’s tech sector
- Are able (or your company is able) to pay for the programme fee
- Tech leaders (In ‘C-Suite’, ‘Heads of’ roles) moving to the UK to start a new role as part of a UK tech startup or scaleup
- Tech founders (or soon to be) moving to the UK to found or grow their tech business in our tech sector
- VCs or Investors moving to the UK and looking to land and build their network in the UK’s tech sector
- Tech talent in-between roles. You’ve got plenty of experience but are looking to change and find the next great opportunity in UK tech
- Don’t fit into any of the above? Don’t worry, you can still apply and share with us your background and why you’d be a great fit for the Thrive programme
Thrive is open to all UK visa holders
*not just the Tech Nation (Global Talent) Visa.
**This programme does not affect the outcome of any visa applications.
The potential for global talent in the UK
UK tech companies are run by an international founder
These sessions will explore fast growing tech sectors, from leading experts in the ecosystem.
Benefit from live Q&A sessions, subgroups and discussion forums. This is your opportunity to share, debate and problem solve together with people that understand and empathise with you.
Connect with like-minded people, on the same journey into UK tech with you. We’ll also personalise mentorship attuned to your specific needs and pain-points.
Have your say
Shape parts of the programme depending on your pre submitted questions in advance of speaker sessions
Perchpeek’s app combines award-winning technology with a global team of relocation experts to provide a relocation service that is accessible to everyone. Whether it’s planning your council tax, sorting you healthcare or getting a bank account, we’ll guide you through all the challenges of moving to the UK from start to finish. ( *As part of the Thrive+ package)
Exclusive Network Platform
Get 6 months access, absolutely free (worth £300)
1. Access to the core programme
2. Curated peer-peer group with mentors
3. 6 months access to Tech Nation’s network platform (worth £300)
PRICE: £1500 (+VAT)
As an employer, how does this help me?
We know that one of the top challenges for any tech business in the UK is in hiring great talent. Our Thrive programme is designed to help you attract, support and retain tech talent from across the world. It can:
- Help settle new hires quicker into the UK and relieve some of the stresses of relocation
- Give new hires a competitive advantage by connecting them to tailored networks and support in the UK
- Be a part of job offers when attracting global talent to move to the UK
The Thrive Scaleup option is the perfect package for you to consider.
Hiring international talent?
1. Give your new hire the best possible start to living and working in the UK
2. Accelerate their entry into the UK tech ecosystem
3. Access PerchPeek’s end-to-end relocation service
START EMPLOYERS’ APPLICATION>>>
(For this package, a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly)
What people think about the programme
“The location of our birth determines so much of our future, the Thrive Programme is one way to help create a level playing field with opportunities for global tech talent. It will also help us attract and support great global tech talent to BenevolentAI and the UK, to contribute to our creative thinking and build globally accessible innovation and tech.”
Trecilla Lobo, SVP People at BenevolentAI
“Every immigrant has a different story. But every one possibly would face the similar challenges while moving to a new country. I was not an exception. The Tech Nation Thrive programme is something which should have been there when I moved to the UK. It’s imperative to have such a fast-track programme in place, that helps newcomers in understanding the tech ecosystem, find collaborative minds and makes your journey an easy one.”
Subhash Ghosh, Founder of The Lemon Group
Our programme partner
Perchpeek is the relocation company that helps anyone live anywhere. Their app combines award-winning technology with a global team of relocation experts to provide a best in class relocation service that is accessible to everyone. Whether it’s planning your council tax, sorting you healthcare or getting a bank account, we’ll guide you through all the challenges of moving to the UK from start to finish.
How long does Thrive last?
- 8 weeks of course delivery
- Perchpeek relocation service will be available anytime throughout the course
- Cohort members can join Thrive on a rolling basis and there will be weekly sessions starting in January through to March.
How is Thrive structured
- Thrive is structured chronologically in 3 sections based on transitioning to the UK: Moving to the UK, living in the UK & Thriving in the UK.
How many places are available on the programme and what is the selection process?
- For this first edition of the cohort, we will be taking on 30 people. Based on the selection criteria here, we will review each individual application on a case by case basis.
Does Thrive help me with my Tech Nation Visa Application?
- No, the Thrive programme is completely separate from the Global Talent Visa application process and is aimed at those who have already received a Visa to enter the UK.