Searching for the UK’s next Rising Stars
Rising Stars is the UK’s newest and most exciting competition for innovative, early-stage tech startups, with a prize package designed to send your business into the stratosphere.
The competition’s winners will have the opportunity to connect their business with mentors, investors and influencers, and significantly raise the profile of your business.
Introducing Tech Nation’s Rising Stars…
Hundreds of applications to this year’s competition have been whittled down to just 10 Rising Stars. Our expert judging panel deemed the following companies as the brightest prospects in the UK tech scene. So without further ado, here are our 10 winning companies.
Relive the Rising Stars Grand Final…
Our judging panel
Rising Stars is on a mission to find the UK’s brightest tech startups, but we can’t do it alone. That’s why we brought on board a leading judging panel to help us identify those burning brightest.
Opportunities to raise your profile at all stages of the competition.
For the winners:
Tailored/bespoke package of support worth over £4000 per winner that includes:
- 1-2-1 mentoring with a high profile mentor
- Facilitated introductions to investors and corporates
- Bespoke PR campaign
- One-to-one BDODrive Accelerate session focused on unlocking your growth potential and identifying the tangible steps you need to take
- Financial contribution towards a conference of your choice
- Pitch training and coaching
- Networking opportunities with investors, heads of accelerators, entrepreneurs and corporate leaders
When you apply:
- Submit an (optional) video pitch with your application and you could be selected for our ‘Pitch of the Day’ and be posted to our 85,000 Twitter followers
If you get shortlisted:
- Profiled as a top startup in your region
- Invited to our Semi-Final where you will receive pitch training from Sunderland Software City, meet previous winners and have the opportunity to network other awesome founders and our panel of judges
- Invited to our Grand Final in London to exhibit and network with a high profile audience of investors, corporate leader and entrepreneurs
If you’re selected to pitch at our Grand Final:
- Pitch in front of a high profile audience
- Opportunity to exhibit to over 400 attendees in London
We’ll provide all semi finalists with pitch training and expert advice. The judges will select the best startups for the Grand Final.
All finalists will pitch to become one of our Rising Stars. Our semi-finalists will have the opportunity to exhibit at the event.
Who is Rising Stars for?
From Cornwall to Inverness, we’re looking for the UK’s most ambitious tech startups to join Tech Nation’s first ever Rising Stars cohort. Does your business meet the criteria?
- Your business has been going for 1-3 years
- Its HQ is in the UK
- A digital tech business with a product or service to sell
- You’re at seed to pre-Series A funding stage. Bootstrapped? We’re looking for businesses with annual revenues up to £1.5m
- You have at least one active client or pilot
- You can commit to Rising Stars dates outlined in the timeline
- Last but not least, you’ve got the ambition to grow and scale
Please note, Rising Stars is not open to consultancies or agencies.
What our former winners have to say
In its former life, Rising Stars was a competition run by Tech North (known then as Northern Stars). 30 fantastic tech companies were successfully crowned as Northern Stars winners over the three years the competition ran.
Watch how Northern Stars gave former winners Dream Agility and Peak exposure on a global stage and enabled both companies to achieve unrivalled growth.